Sep 21, 2009

Another little detour

Between my busy work schedule and my lovely beau, I've spent the last few days not writing. I did some re-plotting of the Immortals series I'm working on, as well as on the two other books I've been playing with in bits and pieces. To be honest, I didn't plan to work on plotting my two other books just yet--I'm not quite ready to focus my attention on them because of how well my first book in the Immortals is going--but, seeing as how "book one" was pissed off and not speaking to me, I switched my attention to first Bitten, and then to a Young Adult book I'm toying with, which remains nameless...

As it turned out, switing my attention actually was a good thing. I suppose the best way to explain it is that it "opened me up" and made me more compliant in dealing with the issues I was having in my plot with "book one". When I turned my attention back to the Immortals, poof--problems solved.

So, in a miraculous stroke of luck, fate, or divine intervention, I knocked out three birds with one stone. Wham, bam, thank you ma'am. Now,  since I just mentioned it, I should point out that no, my books are not actually named. I happen to be the worse writer ever at inventing book names. If I had my way, my book series would be titled A, B, C, and so on, while the books themselves would be numbered 1, 2, 3, etc...

I also spent the last two days (while not working or with my fiance) reading a magnificant new book (that's actually been out for a few years). The Rest Falls Away by Colleen Gleason was bloody brilliant--no pun intented. Now, for anyone who has actually taken a look at my library and seen the number of books--no, I have not read all of them, and no, there is not enough time to read them all. However, Josh (because you know I'm talking to you), If I did not purchase books at random, I would never have come across The Gardella Vampire Chronicles, and therefore, would not be so completely amazed by how expertly put together Gleason's "world" is. So, ha! There is a very good reason to let me indulge in my Borders addiction--I truely enjoy it.

Now that's it Monday, it's time to get back to work with my writing...
Laters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Feel free to leave a comment--I love getting them! But let's face it; who doesn't?