Before I get too enamored with the new year, I need to finish up some business from the last one. First off, I have been thrilled to receive some incredible new awards from some awesome bloggers! I’m so honored that people even read my blog, much less think I should get awards for it!
And if that wasn’t good enough, the lovely Julie Dao over at Silver Lining has tagged me with the writers meme! Thank you for thinking of me Julie! I’ve actually already done the meme, which makes this really easy for me—and just like a drunken frat boy, I like easy. (Sorry, but lame jokes make me happy.) If you’d like to see my meme, click here. If you’d like to see who I tagged, say hello to Kayleigh, a outstanding writer living in the south of France. Want to know something even better about her? She’s only fifteen years old and her writing is superb! This chick has all the markings of the next JR Ward, Laurell K Hamilton, Jim Butcher, Jeff Lindsay, name-the-big-shot. She’s also on twitter as @luckynumbr22.
Another terrific writer, Carolina Valdez Miller, over at Carol’s Prints, has given me two new awards, the Blogging Writer Award and the One Lovely Blog Award. Thank you Carol! I’m so excited to have two brand new awards—talk about a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Carol can usually be found on Twitter (just like most of us crazy writers) cruising the #amwritingparty as @cvaldezmiller.
These two awards only require me to pass them on to other bloggers, which happens to be the best part of getting awards.
- I’d like to pass on the Blogging Writer Award, to Victoria S. at her self-titled blog Victoria S. Vicky writes YA and Paranormal Romance--AKA, she’s my kind of girl.
- I’d like to send Anne Riley the One Lovely Blog Award! Anne is one of the sweetest ladies I know, and—even better—she’s another #amwritingparty peep AND an Alabama girl! Roll Tide! You can find her on twitter as @AnneRiley.
My third award. the Picasso Award, came from another fantastic writer friend, Rhonda, from Snarktastic Ramblings. Rhonda has a great blog; it’s not only cute but funny. She can also be found on twitter as @rcowsert playing in the #amwritingparty.
The Picasso Award is one of those tell-me-your-deepest-secrets kind of deals, and, like the stickler for rules that I am, I’m going to go ahead and get to it. I pass this award on to 7 other bloggers and state 7 facts about myself.
- Kelly Reese (my fabulous Critique Partner, & another Roll Tide fan!)
- Sherrinda (a member of my critique group) at A Writer Wannabe
- Margaret (another member of my critique group) at Musings of a Would-Be Writer
- Kayleigh at Kayleigh’s Kaleidoscopes
- Wendy Morrell at W. M. Morrell’s Musings from Down Under
- Mary Campbell at Writer’s Butt Does Not Apply to Me
- *A new indulgence* Joann Mannix at Laundry Hurts My Feelings
- I’m a design-school dropout—web design to be exact. I did it because I didn’t know what else to do…and I had just dropped out of early-childhood education. Turns out, I sucked at the web design and don’t have the patience for a horde of first graders. Oh well, you live and you learn.
- I could spend days—no, weeks watching crime shows. A&E, Crime & Investigation Network, ID, you name it, I’ll be watching it. Forensic Files = the superbowl of crime shows. I’m just saying…
- I am the oldest of five kids, ages 23 to 5. All of us have the same parents and no, we aren’t Mormon or Catholic. My parents just started early, and the youngest was a … surprise.
- I love watching crappy-scary-movies. I’m not talking B-grade, I-Know-What-You-Did-Last-Summer kind of crap either. I’m talking never made it into theater, Sci-Fi-won’t-even-air-it kind of bad. Something along the lines of Mr. Jingles, Storm Warning, or Splinter. It’s okay. Everyone has a few quirks, this just happens to be one of mine ;-)
- I suffer from an incurable, chronic pain disease called Interstitial Cystitis. It sucks. I blog about it sometimes but I usually try to forget about it. “Ignorance is bliss” or something like that.
- I’m addicted to Dr. Pepper—seriously—which is really bad for my IC but…whatever, my body’s used to it by now. Ironically, cigarettes, booze, prescription medications—none of them faze me :) My addictions are limited to internet, TV, and caffeine.
- I’m a germaphobe but I’m all about clutter…except when I’m being organized. Call me an oxymoron.