It’s time to wrap up the Big Fat Liar Award, and yes, I really do feel like a big fat liar. There are 2 truths, and 5 lies…
- “I played volleyball throughout high school.” Nope—never even played.
- “I have six toes on my left foot.” Only, five…sorry.
- “I wear wedding rings on both my right and left hand.” Ding ding ding! True story. I do wear them on both hands. The white gold set is mine—my fiancé bought it specifically for me. But the set on my right hand—yellow gold & platinum—is a family heirloom. J’s grandmother passed it down to him after we got engaged.
- “I love watching golf.” As if! I work at a golf course, so I’ve seen enough golf to last me a few lifetimes. I do like to play—as long as there’s alcohol involved. I don’t want to remember the back nine, you feel me?
- “I’m allergic to shellfish.” Another lie. I’m not allergic; I’m just not partial to them.
- “I have a tramp-stamp.” Oh yes, this one’s the second truth. I even call it a tramp-stamp; no shame over here. I got it done about two years ago and have a love/hate relationship with it (and I’d soo get another one!). I found it would I was looking through wedding invites (I was obviously going through a girly phase) and loved it. It holds meaning with me and J—two hearts together, two people together. Forever.
It ended up well, seeing as how J & I are eloping when the time comes. I’m thinking the drive thru Tunnel of Love at the Little White Wedding Chapel in Vegas. What do you think? A drive thru in Vegas?! Yes, please.
- “I’m majoring in psychology.” Nope. English.