Aug 31, 2009

when it rains, it pours

After chapter 6, the chapter that introduced Sarelle (which needs some serious editions because my Dark Goddess is not nearly dark enough) I have started chapter 7. Yay, simple enough, right? Wrong.
As it turns out, chapter 7 is one of those those necessary, transitional chapters that is needed but not all that enjoyable to write--nothing like chapter 6 was. I'm trying to spice it up, but I'm running out of ideas...I may need to resort to something unsavory to boost my moral--something like a murder or a raid or a nice sex scene! No, I know--this chapter just isn't set up for any of that. Unfortunately.
Why is it that when I get in a rut, the rut seems to last forever? Like I said in the title, when it rains, it pours.
So far, I'm at 17000 words. Not to shabby. Most of my chapters are rather short but its okay. They fit pretty well, I think.



Well, back to work I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Feel free to leave a comment--I love getting them! But let's face it; who doesn't?