So check it out!! Isn’t it pretty?!
Needless to say, I’m pretty excited about it. But seriously, what part about getting a pretty blog award isn’t exciting?!
For this award, I need to list 10 “honest” facts about myself. I’ll try to come up with some stuff you might not already know about me, but I can’t make any promises—I’m not the most interesting person in the blogosphere.
- I’m usually very reserved. I like to sit in the background and observe people (which makes me either a people watcher or a voyeur. Maybe there isn’t really a difference, but I like to think of myself as a people watcher. Voyeur just sounds so dirty…) At first, some people mistake this as shyness or even snobbery. And maybe I am—the former, (hopefully) not the latter—but people say the same about Steven Seagal, and he’s done pretty well for himself.
- I’m adopted—on my dad’s side, anyway. I don’t know my biological father but my adopted dad has been with me since I was an infant. He’s a great dad and I love him to death.
- I’m German, French, and Scottish, with a bit of Native American (Iroquois) thrown in for good luck. Like many Americans, I’m a mutt.
- I love camping but hate bugs. Trust me, it is possible to camp with a minimum of bugs—it just requires hellovalotta bug spray and you must buy citronella candles in bulk.
- I’m an “old soul”. I’m certain I was born in the wrong century.
- I’m sensitive, emotional, compassionate, fiercely loyal, mama-bear protective, and an avid dreamer.
- I believe in justice, not vengeance, though the two are often confused.
- I love colorful, funky socks. And legwarmers.
- I’m a total nerd who loves to “info-gather”. Discovery, History Channel, Crime & Investigation, Animal Planet = my playground.
- I believe that Science and Religion are not mutually exclusive.
☆★☆ And now for an update on Blogfest!Need an idea for Blogfest? On Monday, Feb 1st, I’ll be blogging about different kinds of love-at-first-sight moments. Swing by to get some ideas.
The Love at First Sight Blogfest is 16 days away and my “Mr. Linky’s” sign up widget has decided to go completely haywire. After some blood, sweat, and tears, I had given up on the POS and created a new and improved sign up widget, using “Simply Linked”.
And, like all things technology, as soon as I moved on to another program, Mr. Linky started working again. So for now, we’re going to stick with Mr. Linky (even if he is a defective piece of crap). But if he goes out again, so help me, I will boot his ass right out of Blogfest!
If that happens, there is no need for anyone to re-sign up. I’ll take care of transferring your blog link to the new sign up sheet.
♥For those that would like to sign up for Blogfest, simple click on the Love at First Sight link above and add your name to Mr. Linky’s list. ♥
You can also find some writing-inspiration at my other blog, To Keep It Going.